Monday 9 January 2017

Stirring the paint-cauldron!

In progress paint-conjuring

Hello! After a lovely cosy weekend with my boys, I'm taking a wee pause from 'Moth Music' and working on a new piece in water-based oils. Initially, it was inspired by a section of a Norwegian folk-tale entitled 'Ikke kjørende og ikke ridende', where the main female character uses her wiles to win a prince by riding a ram with her feet just dangling in the grass... I think those were the specified terms and conditions! 

I liked the 'in-between' emphasis of this particular story element, as it makes me think of transitional moments, times when we are in-between one version of ourself and the next. Working with the water-based oils is joyful and I'm looking forward to cracking on with this picture tomorrow while the littles are in nursery school. But first, a walk is in order... We have been nesting elaborately for three days straight... I have demolished nearly two whole bars of Premium dark chocolate with seasalt and pecans, and have nibbled and gnawed constantly on nuts, raisins, blueberries, fruit, more fruit, and tea by the tankful and my tummy feels like a giant jelly!!!

I have also done a bit of sketching today, pondering on ideas about the majesty of self-awareness and adopting the role of observer in one's life, and how to present this theory compactly in an image.

No comments: